Friday, October 9, 2009

Birthday travels with Kenzie


Matt surprised me with a trip to Tuscany for my birthday.  Mackenzie and I traveled to Pisa, Siena, and the beautiful Cinque Terre.  We had the best time!  On my birthday, we ate dinner at an outdoor cafe on the Piazza del Campo, or outdoor public square in Siena. I dined on asparagus risotto... it was fantastic!  I had traveled to Siena during a high school art trip, and it was good to be back and see the city through adult eyes.  We took the train from a city called Spezia, to the Cinque Terre,(five lands).  A series of five villages along the sea which are a part of the Italian rivera.  It was truly a magnificent journey.  I hope to return and explore the villages more deeply.  Many people were hiking the distance between the villages along trails which have the most breathtaking views. We packed a lot into only two full days.  Mackenzie was a wonderful travel companion.  I am including photos below from our adventures.  










No comments: